HIV infection has emerged as a pandemic affecting all the age groups and sex worldwide. It has been a challenging situation for all the international bodies to contain the spreading epidemic of HIV without any effective treatment. The only means of containing the epidemic is prevention of development of HIV infection for which it is very essential to understand the epidemiology of HIV infection. This course reviews the epidemiology of HIV/AIDS, beginning with how HIV is transmitted and the variables involved; the natural history of HIV infection both without treatment and in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART), and concludes with future issues regarding the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
Certificate in Epidemiology in HIV
- Understand the modes of transmission and the risk attached with different modes
- Describe the progression of HIV infection, window period, clinical features and different laboratory indicators and predictors.
- Blooming career opportunities in public health, in NGO/CBOs
Share this Course -
- Interactive Learning Exeperience
- Subject matter Experts
- Certifications from accredited university
- 24/7 Accessible digital library
|Duration: 3 Months|
|Certificate of Completion|
After attaining this course, the individuals can find a blooming career in public health, in NGO/CBOs who work for People living with HIV/AIDs etc.
At the end of the course, the students will be able to describe the progression of HIV infection, window period, clinical features and different laboratory indicators and predictors. They will have in-depth knowledge of natural history of HIV infection and how can it have an impact worldwide.
- Module 1. Introduction
- Module 2. Mode of transmission-I
- Module 3. Mode of transmission –II
- Module 4. Natural history and HIV disease progression-I
- Module 5. Natural history and HIV disease progression-II
- Module 6. Laboratory indicators and predictors
- Module 7. Long term non-progresses and containing the epidemic
- Module 8. Future issues – Global impact
Share this with your friends
9483 out of 5$300
6544 out of 5$325
3023 out of 5$325
2573 out of 5$375