Seeing the current situation of HIV/AIDS pandemic, there has arisen a need to devote resources to supporting the provision of family planning. The same unprotected sexual act can lead to unintended pregnancy and HIV infections. Given that an estimated 80 percent of HIV cases are transmitted sexually and an additional 10 percent are transmitted from mothers to children prenatally or during breastfeeding, linking HIV and family planning is crucial. Women and men have a need for both protection against pregnancy and protection against HIV and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs). This course provides an insight into why there is a need of integration of family planning with HIV and what are the options feasible for family planning integration at different levels of HIV infection
Certificate in Family Planning with HIV
- Understand the importance of integration between family planning and HIV infection.
- Learn different family planning methods, reduction of transmission of HIV infection and its application in various settings.
- Get attractive career prospects in the field of public health, nursing, social sciences and much more.
Share this Course -
- Interactive Learning Exeperience
- Subject matter Experts
- Certifications from accredited university
- 24/7 Accessible digital library
|Duration: 3 Months|
|Certificate of Completion|
Above course will help in gaining the knowledge of family planning in HIV which can benefit various jobseekers in the field of public health, nursing, social sciences, etc.
At the end of the course the individual will be able to understand different family planning methods, ways it help in reduction of transmission of HIV infection and its application in various settings
- Module 1. Background
- Module 2. What is family planning and HIV integration
- Module 3. Need of integrating family planning and HIV services
- Module 4. Impact of integrating family planning and HIV services
- Module 5. Levels of integrating family planning into HIV services
- Module 6. FP in VCTCs
- Module 7. FP in prevention of MTCT
- Module 8. FP in ART
Share this with your friends