Certificate in Retail Management
- Develop knowledge of contemporary retail management issues at the strategic level.
- Understand analysis of store location, merchandising, products and pricing.
- Flourish in the booming sector with enormous career opportunities as Floor managers, Retail merchandiser, Retail Supervisors, Retail Business Development mangers and much more.
Share this Course -
- Interactive Learning Exeperience
- Subject matter Experts
- Certifications from accredited university
- 24/7 Accessible digital library
|Duration: 2 Months|
|Certificate of Completion|
Retailers must make complex decisions about selecting their appropriate target market and locations, determining what merchandise and service to offer, training and motivate retail employees and decide how to price products and present merchandise. The objective of this course is to enrich learners understanding of retail management. This course will enable students to develop decision making skills related to retailing. Topics may include expense planning, store layout, product line and resource determination, pricing, promotional strategies, customer service, financial planning and control
- Store Managers
- Floor Managers
- Floor Supervisors
- Merchandising Executive
- Merchandising Manager
- Supervising Managers
- Customer Relation Manager
- To understand effective methods and strategies required for retail management.
- To understand how to utilize resources and techniques used in retail management.
- To understand analysis of store location, merchandising, products and pricing
Unit I: Introduction: Meaning, Definition, Nature, Importance and Scope of Retailing, Growth, Size and Emerging Trends in Retailing Retail Scenario in India, Special characteristics.
Unit II: Retailers, Retailer’s Classification on the basis of form of Ownership – Retail Formats- Traditional versus Modern Retail Formats; Store based Retail Formats and Non Store Based Retail Formats;
Unit III: Consumer Behavior – Introduction – Consumer behavior defined –Consumer Behavior buying process – Factors affecting the consumer buying process.
Unit IV: Use of Technology in Retailing: E-retailing-major benefits of E-Retailing to Consumers and Retailers; Challenges of E-retailing and Future of E-retailing in India.
Unit V: Store Location – Introduction – importance of location – Site analysis – target market and store location – Errors while selecting store location.
Unit VI: Merchandising Management :- Planning Merchandise Assortment, Buying Organization, Assortment Planning, Merchandise Buying system, Merchandise Budget Plan.
Share this with your friends