The Transportation and Warehousing sector includes industries providing transportation of passengers and cargo, warehousing and storage for goods, scenic and sightseeing transportation, and support activities related to modes of transportation. Establishments in these industries use transportation equipment or transportation related facilities as a productive asset. The type of equipment depends on the mode of transportation. The modes of transportation are air, rail, water, road, and pipeline. Transportation and Warehousing is a critical company function. Professionals in this field play a key role in fulfilling customer demands, ordering and managing inventory, controlling inbound and outbound shipments, reducing costs, saving time, and meeting company objectives. This course will not only show how to create and operate a logistics function, but it will also show how to achieve success through a combination of strategies and tactics.
Certificate in Transportation and Warehousing
- Understand the basics of transportations and warehousing management system.
- Acquire knowledge to create, operate logistics function and achieve success through a combination of strategies with tactics.
- Career opportunities as Logistic Coordinator, Packaging, Shipping and Stock Clerk, Commodity Buyer, supply planner, supplier manager, purchasing executives, procurement officer, material manager and much more.
Share this Course -
- Interactive Learning Exeperience
- Subject matter Experts
- Certifications from accredited university
- 24/7 Accessible digital library
|Duration: 2 Months|
|Certificate of Completion|
The aspirants can work in any big or small business organizations as General Laborer, Logistic Coordinator, Packaging, Shipping and Stock Clerk, Commodity Buyer, supply planner, supplier manager, purchasing executives, implementation manager, procurement officer, material manager, inventory manager, head of supply and head of procurement. Administrative Service Managers, Dispatchers, Hand Packers and Packagers, Logisticians, Supply Chain Managers, Transportation Inspectors, Transportation Planners and Transportation, Storage, and Distribution Managers etc.
After completion of course learners will be well equipped with:
- Fundamentals of warehousing and inventory
- Learn about technology in material handling
- Know about transportation and distribution management
- Learn material management process and transportation
- Know about transportation routing decisions.
- Module I: Introduction to warehousing, Need for warehousing , Decision making and Issues affecting warehousing , Warehousing facilities, Warehouse management systems , Warehouse management systems , Logics of determining locations and sequences , Distribution resource planning
- Module II: ABC inventory , Managing inventories by ABC , Multi – echelon inventory systems, Various approaches , Material handling systems, Principles and performance measures of material handling systems , Vehicle travel path, Effective performance systems
- Module III: Technology in Material Handling, Automated storage and retrieval systems , Bar coding technology, Applications RFID technology, Transportation , Participants in Transportation Decisions, Factors Influencing Transport Economics, Transportation and distribution
- Module IV: Transportation and Distribution Management, Role of distribution in supply chain , Transportation management ,Distribution models , Distribution network planning Various factors in distribution, Delivery lead time and local facilities , Optimization approach and techniques
- Module V: Material management process and Transportation, Material management process, Role of transportation , Transportation principles and participants , Transportation modes , Performance characteristics and selection ,Various modes of transportation , Transportation performance costs and value measures
- Module VI: Transportation routing decisions, Transportation administration, Transportation operations management, Consolidation of freight, various trends in transportation, Application of information technology in transportation, E commerce intelligent transport management systems, Transit operation softwares.
Share this with your friends
6475.00 out of 5$295
6564.00 out of 5$325
7644 out of 5$325
9383 out of 5$295