The Demand on Environmental Health and Safety is Expected to Rise Steadily
- November 17, 2016
- Posted by: texilaelearning
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) is an umbrella term for the laws, rules, guidance and processes designed to help protect employees, the public and the environment from harm (“Environment, Health and Safety,” n.d., para. 1). The goal of EHS that is successfully implemented in developed countries is the prevention of injury, illnesses and environmental damage through the recognition, evaluation and control of potential hazards arising from human activities.
Growth of Environmental Health and Safety:
The growth of EHS has been necessitated due to the rise in a number of Environmental Hazards around the world. These include the well-established theory in the scientific community that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide levels result in global warming (University of Hawaii at Manoa, 2016), chemical – anthrax, asbestos and tobacco smoking – Physical – drought, earthquakes and floods – and Biological – avian influenza, Ebola and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (Environment Hazards, n.d.).
In additional to the global mobilisation around such hazards, EHS is a good career that directs the public health of countries in mitigations these hazards through formulation of better safety laws for pollutants, storage and disposal of hazardous chemicals, and the stringent advertising restrictions for tobacco (Simon, 2012), the deadliest artefact in the history of human civilisation (Proctor, 2013).
It is for this reason that Texila eLearning is offering online courses in environmental health in order to enhance you with the skills that are required for the identification, assessment, evaluation and control measures of the environmental hazards.
Careers in Environmental Health and Average Salary:
- Plant EHS Manager (Average US$78,909 per year)
- Regional Health & Safety Manager (Average US$82,684 per year)
- Environmental Field Technician (Average US$27,000 per year)
- EHS Manager (Average US$97,000 per year)
- PSM Manager (Average US$86,000 per year)
- Safety Manager (Average US$79,000 per year)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (Average US$118,000 per year)
- Health & Safety Manager (Average US$78,909 per year)
- Onsite Medical Representative (Average US$40,000 per year)
- Regional Safety Manager (Average US$82,684 per year)
Share this with your friends
- A complete guide to Biostatistics and its usage
- What is brand management for you?
- The wholesome insight into behavioral science
- Corporate lifestyle: How to manage for best results?
- Top 5 open source LMS with premium features
- The Most Important Sales and Marketing strategy to Skyrocket your business
- Kick start your business with E-Business
- What is clinical research?
- Best Courses in Business And Administration
- Best Information Technology courses for beginners in 2018