Top 5 open source LMS with premium features
- September 12, 2018
- Posted by: Subash Chandran
As the name suggests the Learning management systems the automated program that provides the technical capabilities and tools for the learners to gain quality education and enhance their knowledge. If you are looking for a wholesome LMS then it could for development needs related to the clearing capabilities it could require you to invest a high amount and is not always a viable option. But there is no reason to get disappointed as there are a number of LMS open Source that allows you to meet all your earning management development needs without inflating the budget or compromising with the efficiency or quality.
If you want to know about the best Open Source Learning Management System software then here is the list of LMS Open Source contenders :
When we talk about the free open source learning management systems, Moodle is certainly the most widely popular name in the industry. The intuitive dashboards, Multimedia capabilities, and well-designed tracking tools make sure that the learner should get the maximum support out of their investment. With it has you can easily create courses and customize them to suit your exact needs.
- The third-party add-on integration facilities allow you to extend your capabilities as per the requirements.
- Downloading eLearning courses saves you the time while the online support database means that your troubleshooting issues will not take long the to be resolved
- The helpful community help you get most to of your LMS
- While it certainly requires a specific learning curve for the beginners the Moodle has an added advantage of extended capabilities and customized solutions
This feature-rich LMS comes with a bouquet of versatile features and the easy to use intuitive interface. If you are a total beginner then you would probably not find a hard time understanding and practice utilizing the features of the ATutor without having to grapple much with the complicated coding or scripting.
- A number of themes streamline the development process and saves the time.
- The assessment tools, analytics management, file backups, and polling provisions further extend the overall capability of ATutor.
A completely free source for different stakeholders of education industry the Academy is a powerful tool for the people who are interested to use its basic features. However, if you are looking to utilize the system for the advanced functionalities then you would need to pay a price but the economic costs make it really affordable for all.
- One of the USPs of this tool is that you also get the mobile capabilities with the help of android applications that help you gain the more popular among many mobile users.
- The functionalities are simple yet strong and perfectly cater to all the key requirements.
If you are looking for a strong reporting and analytics capabilities in your LMS then Forma LMS could be the best choice for you. There are a number of tools and easy steps that allow you to check the analytics progress and other reports.
- The virtual classroom managed tools offered by this platform are not only effective but they are suited for diverse purposes as well.
- You will also get the management tool that includes but are not limited to calendar, event managers, and a number o other monitoring and competency management support ecosystem.
- Due to its structure, it is more suited for corporate training sessions.
- The advice, tips, and other value-added feedback/suggestions/question can freely be shared using community tools.
If you would like to use an LMS that you don’t have to build from scratch then you can go for Dokeos. This learning management offers the pre-built eLearning course elements that allow you to enjoy an easy start.
- Along with the templates and eLearning authoring tools, you will also get a massive amount of information.
- The media enabled tutorials ad user-friendly interface make you acquainted with the various functionalities right from day 1.
- So, if you are really looking for a day to use the top open source learning management system the Dokeos is the best choice for you
The best learning management system open source software should be potent enough for you to meet your requirements and competence to scale. An LMS may also offer additional advanced features such as the ability to track and manage payments, customized branding, or e-Conferencing. Learning Management Systems are the future of training.
Share this with your friends
- A complete guide to Biostatistics and its usage
- What is brand management for you?
- The wholesome insight into behavioral science
- Corporate lifestyle: How to manage for best results?
- Top 5 open source LMS with premium features
- The Most Important Sales and Marketing strategy to Skyrocket your business
- Kick start your business with E-Business
- What is clinical research?
- Best Courses in Business And Administration
- Best Information Technology courses for beginners in 2018