In the absence of any intervention, a substantial proportion of children born to women living with HIV, acquire HIV infection from their mothers either during pregnancy, labor/delivery or during breastfeeding. Without any inter venation, the risk of transmission of HIV from infected pregnant women to her children is estimated to be around 20-45%. Use of ART and nevirapine to mother-baby pairs has shown to be quite effective in reducing this transmission as low as 10 per cent. Use of single dose Nevirapine (sd-NVP) at the onset of labour significantly reduces pre-partum HIV transmission. This course provides an insight regarding use of ART in pregnant women, care during labour and delivery to prevent transmission of infection and infant feeding options.
Certificate in Baby Born with HIV
- Understand to diagnose HIV infection in baby born to HIV infected mother
- Learn the methods to reduce the risk of transmission of HIV infection from mother to child
- Flourish with attractive careers in Public health, health care industry, counselling jobs, HIV program coordinators jobs, etc
Share this Course -
- Interactive Learning Exeperience
- Subject matter Experts
- Certifications from accredited university
- 24/7 Accessible digital library
|Duration: 3 Months|
|Certificate of Completion|
The aspirants can have an advantage in their career in fields like public health, health care industry, counseling jobs, HIV program coordinators jobs, etc.
At the end of the course, the individual will able to understand the methods to reduce the risk of transmission of HIV infection from mother to child, the various feeding options for the newborn and the ways to diagnose HIV infection & its progression in the newborn baby.
- Module 1. Care and assessment of HIV infected pregnant women
- Module 2. ART in HIV infected pregnant women
- Module 3. Interventions for women diagnosed with HIV infection in labour and postpartum
- Module 4. Labour and delivery in HIV infected pregnant women
- Module 5. Care during postnatal period
- Module 6. Infant feeding practices
- Module 7. Care and follow up of HIV exposed infants
- Module 8 HIV testing in baby born to HIV infected mother
Share this with your friends