Certificate in Materials Management
- Equip with latest tools and techniques of materials management
- Imbibe business proficiency and competence to shoulder leadership positions in the industry
- Get employed in purchasing, storing and supplying departments of defence, railways, public transport etc.
Share this Course -
- Interactive Learning Exeperience
- Subject matter Experts
- Certifications from accredited university
- 24/7 Accessible digital library
|Duration: 2 Months|
|Certificate of Completion|
Material Managers have limitless career options in public as well as private sectors. They can be employed in purchasing, storing and supplying departments of defense, railways, public transport etc. They also can find lucrative employment opportunities in industrial establishments, corporate houses, supply chain industries and private transporters.
- To familiarize the student with supply chain management and the importance of materials management with particular emphasis on purchasing and physical distribution.
- To enable the student to correctly apply the tools of materials management and to respond appropriately to the output of those tools.
- To familiarize the student with career opportunities in materials management.
- Unit – I: Introduction Materials Management – Importance, objectives and functions of Material Management. Organizational structure for material management.
- Unit – II – Materials Planning:Determination and description of material quantity. Material planning in Push and Pull system. MRP & JIT. Determination and description of material quality.
- Unit – III – Purchasing: Objectives and functions. Purchasing cycle. Sources of supply. Vendor rating. Buyer vendor relations. Right pricing. Purchasing of capital equipments.
- Unit – IV – Warehousing:Importance and functions of storage. Location & layout of stores. Management of receipts and issue of materials from stores. Warehousing costs. Stock verification.
- Unit – V – Cost reduction methods: Classification, codification, standardization, simplification & variety reduction, Value Engineering. Disposal of waste and scrap. Materials handling. Materials information system.
- Unit – VI – Inventory control: Objectives, EOQ & its derivation. Deterministic inventory models. Buffer stock, safety stock, reserve stock and re-order point. P & Q inventory models. ABC analysis.
Share this with your friends