HIV has emerged as a global pandemic with continuous rise in the cases. It is one of the major public health problems. The treatment options for HIV are still in the initial trial stage and are prohibitively expensive. While there is no vaccine in sight, multi-drug anti-retroviral therapy, is not a cure to the disease and may help only in prolonging the life of the patient. HIV/AIDS is not a disease which spreads randomly and is transmitted as a consequence of a specific behavioral pattern and has strong socio-economic implications. It not only costs huge sums of money in terms of controlling the opportunistic infections, but seriously affects individuals in their prime productive years causing serious economic loss to them and their families. This course provides insight into the prevention and control strategy including control of risk factors, behavior change and surveillance as a monitoring tool.
Certificate in Prevention and Control of HIV
- Understand HIV has emerged as a global pandemic with continuous rise in the cases.
- Gain knowledge in prevention , control strategy as well as HIV testing and counselling
- Wide opportunities in medical, nursing, social sciences and laboratory technician.
Share this Course -
- Interactive Learning Exeperience
- Subject matter Experts
- Certifications from accredited university
- 24/7 Accessible digital library
|Duration: 3 Months|
|Certificate of Completion|
The aspirants will be able to get the wide career opportunities in the fields of medical, nursing, social sciences and laboratory technician for diagnosis of HIV.
After successful completion of the course the individual will be able to understand different preventive and control strategy for HIV.
- Module 1. Introduction
- Module 2. HIV prevention and control strategy
- Module 3. Control of STDs
- Module 4. Use of Condoms as a HIV/AIDs prevention measure
- Module 5. HIV testing and counselling
- Module 6. Care and support for people living with HIV/AIDs
- Module 7. Surveillance
- Module 8. HIV and IDU & safety of blood products
Share this with your friends
8103 out of 5$375
2573 out of 5$375
9483 out of 5$300
3023 out of 5$325