Nursing Informatics is the branch of nursing that integrates nursing science, computer science and information science to manage and communicate data in nursing. The course mainly predicts future developments for Nursing Informatics in practice, education, administration and research areas. It also reviews historical and theoretical foundations of advanced nursing roles. Nursing informatics has assumed a role in healthcare that ensures if the data collected by nurses along with clinical knowledge is structured in a way that it is acceptable and accessible to other areas of healthcare.
Certificate in Nursing Informatics
- Interactive Learning Exeperience
- Subject matter Experts
- Certifications from accredited university
- 24/7 Accessible digital library
|Duration: 3 Months|
|Certificate of Completion|
Nurse informaticists work in a variety of areas including health systems. The scope may include participation in the planning, design, implementation and evaluation of electronic health records in health organizations. They also take part in the application of information systems in analysing and researching clinical and administrative performance analytics. Moreover, the course can be a better initiative in integrating Information technology into the workflow of nurses. On completion of the course, the students can look themselves as Chief Nursing Informatics Officers, Clinical Analysts, informatics Nurse Specialists and Nurse Data Experts.
This course is intended to provide the learner with the opportunity to:
- Understand and apply the theory related to computer-human interfaces, ethics, confidentiality, and privacy, caring, ergonomics and nursing informatics to nursing practice.
- Explore the dynamics of combining computer technology with nursing practice.
- Apply principles of data and information documentation to selected computer applications.
- Customize informatics competency development and professional development planning to meet personal preferences and learning needs.
- Practice client education development using selected computer applications.
- Explore the use of computer technology for documentation, decision making, collaboration, and networking.
- Create a personal nursing informatics competency plan.
- Apply, engage in and assess the utility of this personalized competency plan through a self-determined project.
- Module 1: Foundation of Nursing Informatics
- Module 2: Fundamentals of Information and Communication Technology
- Module 3: Free and Open Source Software
- Module 4: Technology Enhanced nursing care delivery
- Module 5: Practice Application
- Module 6: The electronic health record and clinical informatics
- Module 7: Telehealth
- Module 8: Telenursing
- Module 9: Legal issues and concerns
- Module 10: Issues in Informatics
- Module 11: International Perspectives
- Module 12: Future of Informatics
Share this with your friends
4.00 out of 5$270